UCL Brothers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for the brothers at UCL Islamic Society

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Transportation to the campsite

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
إبراهيم

Transportation to the campsite Empty
PostSubject: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:28 pm

assalamu alaikum,

as we agreed on before, inshaAllah we will be going to the aberafon campsite.
http://www.maelor.demon.co.uk/aberafon.html

one thing we must organise first, is the transportation to the campsite. this must be done asap as we dont want to go there by train. we need to hire a minibus. i dont know anything about the rules on driving a minibus or hiring one. I heard you need to be 25 to drive it but im not sure.
We really need to get the minibus sorted asap so can everyone look around for prices and if we can get a minibus or not. don't rely on others to look, you do it yourself if you want this trip to go ahead. we need to sort this out within the next 3 days, so hurry up please

wa jazakumullah khair
Back to top Go down
Asif

Asif

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 2:41 pm

Yea i think u need to be 25 and hold a D1 licence

http://www.jafvans.com/site/1590861/page/691145

confused
Back to top Go down
إبراهيم

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 3:13 pm

assalamu alaikum,

having checked more websites now, it seems you must be over 25 AND have d1 in ur license which i dont persume any one of us has.
now we have two options, either renting out two cars and going by them, or we use some of the brothers cars (if we use ur car, u get a discount ;-)
or we go by public transport, or we dont go at all, lol

what do people think
Back to top Go down
haroon

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:35 am

salams

iv had a look at train prices and the cheapest i found to bangor ( which is mentioned as a local station on the link ibrahim sent) is £50 return.
and PWLLHELI is £70. no way!!

also been checking out prices for cars and people carriers

sixt got deal on vw polos £17/day but min 7 days so £119 per car
asuming 10 bros thats £23.80 each but its gona be very tight

or thrifty got ford focus for £128 each for the 4 days thats £25.60 each, abit more space

another option we got is to try find a company who will allow us to hire a minibus without being 25 and with a D1, coz the DVLA say its fine, it just seems that these rental companies have added this - wos with the bidah man!

you can only drive a minibus under certain restricted situations:

• At least 21 years old
  • Held full licence for minimum of 2 years
  • Not tow a trailer
  • Drive on a Voluntary Basis
  • Maximum vehicle weight of 3.5 tonnes

If we got a 9/10 seater e.g. a ford tourneo, vw shuttle, we may be able to drive it (i think!) - coz some companies dont regard them as minibuses, they call them mpvs.

i think a feasible option is we borrow someones car and get insured on it. i had a look at insuring myself on a brothers 7 seater and it was ~£70 for the four days. (i havnt asked him if i can borrow it yet!) and yes iv already asked my dad ibrahim and he said - "on your bike son!" (not literally)
please bros can you ask around, see if anyone is willing to lend you their car. i dont mind driving, iv had a licence for 2 yrs now and alhumdolilah no accidents. we will get insured on it to be legit and all that inshallah, and we will try our best not to crash it!

this way i think we can do the travel for ~£100. as wed only have to pay for insurance.

also bro we need to think about petrol, bangor is ~270 miles, i reckon £100 petrol easy.

a suggestion: cant we go anywhere closer to home?????

anyway bros leme know what you fink!

wasalam
Back to top Go down
haroon

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:08 am

i think iv found one
vw shuttle - nine seater - they describe it as a people carrier not a minibus... so maybe .. need to check
£99/day
020 7387 5028

http://www.expressrentacar.co.uk/car_hire_people_carrier_minibus_van.php?gclid=CPihy9i7v5sCFZ4A4wodiGyuDw
Back to top Go down
إبراهيم

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:40 am

but then wouldnt the vw polos come out to be cheaper, as this would cost £300 and 2 polos would cost £240 (which is for one week, wouldnt we be able to find it somewhere else where we dont book for one week so its cheaper?)
Back to top Go down
haroon

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:44 am

you are right
have a look and see what you can find in the car hire websites
i think the polo is way too small for 5 people and their luggage, we need something atleast the size of the focus
Back to top Go down
haroon

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:46 am

well actually i dont mind as long as im driving or in the front seat!
oh and i asked that bro for his 7 seater and he said no
Back to top Go down
Asif

Asif

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:07 am

i asked my bro in law if i could boro his 7 seater- he said tht its fine as long as i dont drive fast- but i need to get insured on it- so he will look into how much that will cost first.

ill tell u on tuesday inshallah

the thing is my car is a toyota starlet- so i dont think my parents will let me drive it on teh motorway- it starts shaking at 60 mph lol- but i shud be able to boro my sisters car for sure, but again i will need to get insured on it...
Back to top Go down
Asif

Asif

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:10 am

cant we go by train-- muzzy dont u go to manchester for like £10 on train?-- where do u get the tickets from?
Back to top Go down
Asif

Asif

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:26 am

yea train is cheaper

train £25 one way- so £50 two singles per person = £400 for all of us both ways

car -if we take someone's car- insurance will be £100+; petrol £200 for both ways (ive been to wales before by car) x 2 cars= £600 for all of us

but if i can take my bro in laws toyota previa (we could fit 8/9 in there- so all could come)- then im thinking insurance will be £120+ probs- with petrol at £200- so say 350 overall which comes to £45 each..... if camping costs are going to be £50 ish- then overall itll come to about £100 each anyway- the same is to the trains- and trains are less hassle- no one has to get tired driving lol

so what do people think?????
Back to top Go down
Asif

Asif

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:36 am

problem solved brothers

train is the way to go

nearest train station to camp site is phwellhi or something

£19.50 london to pwl
£10 pwl to london

= £29.50 return

cheap as chips
Back to top Go down
Asif

Asif

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:47 am

btw

when i say closest i mean 8 miles- so we will need to arrange some sort of transportation to the campsite from teh station- its a 15 min drive- ther must be some buses i reckon.

bangor is 20 miles away haroon lol

how did people survive in teh world without google maps?
Back to top Go down
haroon

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 12:03 pm

i dunno what everyone else thinks but id prefer to go in a car, you have so much more freedom, dont have to worry about buses or walking miles etc. e.g. if you wana go tescos or something you can just drive

insurance wont be as expensive as youv quoted i dont think
i got a quote on a 7 seater mercedes v220 which is an expensive car for insurance and i got a quote for about £60. i cant see it being much more than that for any other car. should be cheaper for the toyota.

also any chance we can go somewhere closer to home like southern wales instead of northern.
Back to top Go down
إبراهيم

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:24 pm

assalamu alaikum,

yes i agree with you haroon. i didnt realise how far aberafon is. we will inshaAllah go to three cliffs bay, which looks better, but i dont think has mountains close by so we cant do mountain trekking, but we can go archery or do watersports instead inshallah
this is its website
http://www.threecliffsbay.com/index

i too would prefer to go by car. i dont think we can fit 8/9 in a previa, especially if we have luggage too. we just need onemore five seater and we're sorted inshallah
Back to top Go down
haroon

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 5:17 pm

salams
my bro wont be coming and its likely my cousin wont be coming either
and without bari thats 7 of us total confirmed right?

can we not squeeze into the previa??
Back to top Go down
إبراهيم

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:46 pm

wa alaikum assalam,

ok then, we should fit into the previa inshallah, most of the ppl coming are skinny, alhamdulillah. lol

threecliffs bay said they dont have space, i'll look around for other places inshaAllah. let me just confirm with asif and then we'll start the real planning inshallah
Back to top Go down
haroon

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 2:51 pm

how about new forest? if im not mistaken theres like a forest beach where the forest meets the sea. you can do boating, archery, biking. not sure about fishing though.
Back to top Go down
إبراهيم

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:09 pm

where is it,
can u provide more info on it, e.g. location prices etc
so far, the only place available is in bangor

also does anyone know a company that does short-term insurance cover?
Back to top Go down
haroon

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 3:13 pm

actually you can
http://www.new-forest-national-park.com/new-forest-fishing.html

also its less than a hundred miles away from london, so we will save on fuel
Back to top Go down
haroon

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:17 pm

i went sum years ago wid sum bros and they just drove in, parked up, and went to sleep! so no location prices (not sure its allowed, but oh well!!)

and if you wana camp on a proper campsite alongside other people its only a few quid each

http://www.new-forest-national-park.com/aldridge-hill-caravan-park-and-campsite.html
Back to top Go down
haroon

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:21 pm

for the insurance just search short term insurance
you gotta make sure they cover the age of your driver. alot iv looked at only cover if your 24 or over

just to get you started:

http://www.aviva.co.uk/short-term-car-insurance/
Back to top Go down
haroon

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:46 pm

oh i didnt read the whole of your post ibby
new forest is down south part of it is on the coast

if i can get hold of the bro i went with it will be good inshallah. i think hes been there a few times, but i havnt spoken to him for years!
Back to top Go down
Nadeem

Nadeem

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:27 am

Salaam all,

I see we're having trouble with transport. I just came last month from camping. I haven't read the all the posts but you might need to take luggage space into account. I assume you will all be taking backpacks with you, the boot won't be able to hold them all so look into backpack space. You might need to use the seats for luggage space, you don't want your backpack on your lap for 5 hours!

I'll only come if brother Muhammad Hakim has a car or we decide to go using the train. Only include me if its convenient (i.e you have a 9 seater and there's 7 of you, or get hold of a minibus).

I don't have a car so I can't help in that area but let me know if theres anything else I can do.
Back to top Go down
إبراهيم

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:41 pm

wa alaikum assalam,

the only thing u can do is chop wood for us, lol

anyway, we wont be going this weekend because asif will be busy so he cant take us in his car, and we havent managed to sort out camping equipment.

im leavin the country on 22 july so if brothers still want to go then u have to sort it out urself

salam
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transportation to the campsite   Transportation to the campsite I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transportation to the campsite
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UCL Brothers Forum :: More discussions :: ISoc Camping 2009-
Jump to: