UCL Brothers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This forum is for the brothers at UCL Islamic Society

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Charity Week

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
muazzam

Charity Week Empty
PostSubject: Charity Week   Charity Week I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Salaam

This year we will be having Charity week again and was
wondering if anyone had any good ideas of raising money for charity.
Please put ur ideas forward.
Back to top Go down
إبراهيم

Charity Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Week   Charity Week I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 3:01 am

there was an idea of sponsored wrestling matches, we have two people of similar built wrestle each other. unfortunately, i cant find someone as big and tough as me so i wont be able to join

inshallah we will do a rums v ucl football match, if u medics r up 2 da challenge, we'll also challenge u in any sort u want
Back to top Go down
Usman Hyder

Charity Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Week   Charity Week I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 3:20 am

There was this one thing we did in 6th form in my school to raise money that worked really well.

Get a 5 a side goal and decent keeper and people pay £1 to have 5 shots at the goal. If you score 5 out of 5 you win a prize of somesort which can be sorted out later. But I remember in school only 1 person got 5 out of 5. It doesn't even have to be 5 shots, £1 can be for 3 shots.

All in all, we raised a lotta money. And you don't need a lot of room, this can be done in the quad or cage etc.
Back to top Go down
muazzam

Charity Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Week   Charity Week I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 9:12 pm

i liked the idea, but i wont be also taking part cos i dont want to knock anyone unconcious, especially Ibrahim cos he is the Ameer. lol.

we can have it but people will have to wear headgear, such as boxing helmet.
A classic match would be a 2 on 1 match. Maybe Mohammad v Ibrahim and usman. i would pay to see that. Only if Nasir was here.

And penalty goal idea is good, but am not sure about who the goally would be. If we can get a good goally then this is a really good idea.

We could have a kabbadi match. Pay to join one. Watch M.Bari getting happy now, lol.

And the UCL Isoc V Rums ISoc match we will Inshallah have. But not sure if Rums are good enough to get a team together, never mind good players.
Back to top Go down
muazzam

Charity Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Week   Charity Week I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 1:51 pm

Anyone willing to shave their hear
Back to top Go down
haroon

Charity Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Week   Charity Week I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:21 am

yea i dont mind shaving my hair ... seriously il do it.

but i think we should get muzzy to shave his eye brows!!
Back to top Go down
haroon

Charity Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Week   Charity Week I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:30 am

one thing we did at school which was really cool and we had loads of people having a go at, was who can eat a doughnut in the quickest time without licking their lips, i was the champ, noshing it under 9 seconds, it was a while back, i reckon i can do it faster now.

we can advertise it all over ucl - official ucl doghnut munching competition - charge a pound a go in the quad - winner gets a big fresh cream cake...and also IF we can organise it - their face on the ucl homepage - as part of charity week advertising.. im sure we'll get a good turnout

what you think??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Charity Week Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charity Week   Charity Week I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Charity Week
Page 1 of 1